Friday, January 21, 2011

Free Pixel Pattern

In honor of my Hokusai article from yesterday, I present the first free pixel pattern - The Great Wave Kimono.
 I love the look of cross stitched kimonos (and trust me there are a LOT out there) but all kits have outrageous prices attached. So I thought I'd make one. Making the kimono template wasn't easy, but after researching lots of kimono patterns, I decided that this 'open' version was my favorite.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I use the Paint program. It's really, really simple to use and it works incredibly well with pixel art - and not just my kimonos. Video game sprites anyone?

Anyhoo - here's my kimono template that's completely free to use if you so desire.
However if you do borrow it for something online, or for a crafty project, send me a pic, or link it to me? I would love to see what people do with their own kimono projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment